Friday night I had a 4 hour heated conversation with 2 business partners. By the end cooler heads prevailed. 2 days later I am still in awe of the energy that was wasted. After I had time to reflect I wrote an email and sent it to both of them. Here is a portion of that email.
As I have matured in life I find that the quickest way to uncertainty in any relationship is conflict. I also understand that conflict can happen and when the conflict happens it is a time foster growth, understanding and trust.
- I must have trust, honesty, compromise, and communication in any type of relationship.
- I try with all my heart to be unselfish and a giving individual at all time.
- I believe in being transparent, authentic and I like to leave the bullshit at the door, because at the end of the day all we have is our reputation.
- I don’t care about being the first…. I simply care about being the best that my abilities in life lend me to be.
- I don’t and won’t use anyone for personal gain.
- I believe the more I give with a complete open heart the more that I will receive as long as I am not looking for something in return.
- I do good and try to do the right thing in all instances simply for the sake of doing good.
- I don’t think that any one person has the magic bullet idea, it takes good people, a team and a burning passion to succeed.
- I always think that things can be done better, cheaper, and faster. (so please do not think that I am questioning your experience or you personally, I just know that the statuesque of the moment is not the only way to do things)
I am not perfect, nor do I expect anyone to be perfect.
There was a bit more in the email, but this was in my humble opinion the most important part.
- One Hundred Pushups in 6 weeks (December 2nd, 2008)
- 5 Reasons Why Working Out is the best (November 12th, 2008)
- Hurrican Ike San Antonio Adopt a Shelter Program Trinity Tri-Point Shelter (September 21st, 2008)
- Real Politics only on Blogcatalog.com (September 2nd, 2008)
- Erica O Grady…social media coach and consultant streamed live today on Ustream.TV (June 4th, 2008)